The manufacturing world is changing. The entire chain-supply of manufacturers, resellers, and customers is shifting into a new dynamic to accommodate international competition. Staying ahead of the industrial furnace manufacturing evolution is vital to thriving and surpassing customer needs in this new industry atmosphere.
Let’s look at some Industrial Furnace Manufacturing trends
- The SMAC Stack (social, mobile, analytics, cloud).
- SMAC is the new driving force that is revitalizing the industrial furnace manufacturing industry. The SMAC Stack is becoming an essential technological tool for manufactures and represents the biggest opportunity for increasing customer engagement. The need to innovate is forcing industry change within a historically conservative “if it’s not broke don’t fix it” industry, and SMAC is helping early adopters in the manufacturing market increase efficiencies and change. According to an IDC white paper, “The Future of Manufacturing, the popularity of social media continues to force industrial furnace manufacturers to become more customer-centric. The conventional business-to-business model has died and the new manufacturing industry has a customer who is highly informed and expects a highly connected and responsive manufacturer. The industrial furnace manufacturing industry will need to be meeting and surpassing all of these customer’s needs in order to stay at the top of the game. Social media has also become a manufacturer’s most impactful tool for branding.
- Automation and the Internet of Things to Do (IoT)
- A renewed interest in information and engineering education is creating a labor force that can manage highly technical systems and greater automation. More time is then available for research and development as well are career development. IoT creates opportunities for increased efficiency and savings on labor and service costs.
- Next-Shoring, bringing outsourcing back home
- With increases in tech savvy workers, rising wages in Asia, increased shipping costs, and the demand to speed up production times has caused employers to have every department in house. This is leading to faster order processing times, faster order shipments, and lower costs in the warehouse and at the docks.
For more information about Industrial Furnaces please call 714-223-7262 or visit us on the web at www.BakerFurnace.com .