There are many different types of Enclosed Ground Flare Systems currently on the market. However, all of these units are not created equal. Here is a list of things to consider if you are in the market to buy an Enclosed Ground Flare.
- Will the Enclosed Ground Flare unit meet BACT (Best Available Control Technology) criteria for destroying Hydrocarbons including Methane? BACT is a pollution control standard that equipment operators are required to meet based on energy consumption, emissions and environmental impact based on their location.
- Are destruction efficiencies guaranteed? When paying for any Enclosed Ground Flare, you should always discuss the efficiency of the unit including CO emissions.
- What is the Burner Turndowns ratio? The turndown ratio compares the max to minimum amount of heat that is put out. You want to make sure that your burner turndown ration is not too limited.
- Does the Enclosed Ground Flare unit light and adjust automatically to the fuel and ratios or does this need to be done manually? Time is money so the more that can be done automatically, the better.
- What will the upkeep cost you? Some Enclosed Ground Flare systems require expensive replacement matrixes. Make sure you ask about these maintenance costs with the manufacturer and factor them into your budget.
- What is the construction material? The most durable material is heavy rolled steel. The manufacturer’s materials will determine the quality and lifetime value.
- Will the Enclosed Ground Flare unit be trailer mounted or skid mounted?
- What kind of control system and interface does the Enclosed Ground Flare unit come with? Are these components going to be UL classified?
- Will the manufacturer assist you in acquiring the necessary permits? Determining what permits you need and applying for them is not an easy process so having help with this will save you time and money.
- Will you be provided with drawings, an operating manual, and installation for the Enclosed Ground Flare system? Are these items included in the purchase price?
|View Our Enclosed Ground Flare Systems →|